When you know how many calories you need to burn each day then it become easy to lose weight. So How Many Calories Should I Burn a Day to lose Weight? There are several factors which affects the amount and speed by which calorie is burned and basically you should burn more calories then what you take in to achieve your weight loss goal.
So before I explain the mathematical calculation on Calorie burned a day you should understand the basic concepts behind weight loss and what those number means.
How to lose weight Easily?
In simple term, Do exercise regularly and have a healthy diet plan to lose weight fast. You just need to burn more calories the the calories you are taking. Think in this way. When you eat, you take calorie, and when you do physical exercise like workout, running etc, you lose calories. So if you eat more, you have to do more exercise to compensate the amount of calorie taken. So ideal way is to eat balanced and exercise more.
How Many calories are in a pound?
In 1 pound of fat there is approximately 3500 calories is present. So what does it means? It says that to lose 1 pound, you have to burn more than 3500 calories than what your body intake. If you take 3500 calories more than what you burn, you will gain 1 pound weight.
What should be my daily calorie intake to lose weight
Many scientific studies have pointed out that in general a women needs to consume 1500-2000 kcal to maintain their current weight and For men, they need to take 2000-2500 kcal to main their current weight. So what this number is known as? This number to maintain your current weight is known as Basic Metabolic Rate, or simply in short form as BMR. Now total BMR may change for each person depending on their activity. BMR for an active person will me bore than BMR for a person who stays idle all day. So if you do workout and running, your BMR will become high and you will start losing weight.
How Many Calories Should I Burn a Day to lose Weight?
So before jumping into how many calories you should burn per day to lose weight, please remember that these numbers are arbitrary and it changes from people to people. There are several factors which affect your weight loss journey. Consumption of Calorie is just one of the factors involved in it and you should also consider other factors to know if you are going to lose weight or not.
Now lets go to an example, Lets say you want to lose 5 lbs in 2 months. So here are the points you need to do.
Step 1: Know your BMR and daily Calorie Intake
There are several calorie calculator are there, just use it and calculate your BMR. lets just say your BMR is 1800 cal and your daily calorie intake is 2000 kcal
Step 2: How many Total Calories you should I burn for weight loss
as previously stated we know that 1 lbs of fat calorie contain 3500 calorie. So to lose 5 lbs, you need to burn 5 multiply 3500 = 17500 calories.
Step 3: How Many Calories Should I Burn a Day to lose Weight
Now we know that you need to burn 17500 calories, for losing 5 lbs in 2 months, this means that per month you need to lose 17500/2 = 8750 calories per month, or 8750/4=2187 calorie per week or 2187/7=313 calorie per day. Once you know that you need to burn more 313 calorie per day than what you consume, Its very easy to do weight loss.
Step 4: How Many Calories Should I Burn a Day to lose Weight
So if you take 1600 calorie per day, then as per above calculation, you need to burn 1600+313=1913 kcal per day. So this is the amount you need to burn every day and you will easily lose 5 lbs in 2 months. Its that simple.
10 Things You should Know when trying to lose weight
- At the beginning of your weight loss journey, you will lose your fat and also your body water weight and in many case some muscle mass which can make you think that you are losing more weight. So just don’t take the results from first few weeks as proof of you losing weight.
- In every diet and health plan, you change your diet suddenly and our body try to decrease its metabolic rate to adapt to new environment. Basically it decrease the amount of calorie the body needs to properly function. So it may result in slow weight loss.
- You should never ever consume less than 1100 calories per day. See Calorie is not inherently bad, infact its necessary. Our body needs some calorie for functioning properly.
- It is Suggested that you should try to lose at most 1 to 1.5 pounds per week. Any thing more than that may result in some harmful affects to your body.
- Many people only take foods intake as part of their daily calorie calculation. But remember that drinks specially sugary drinks are also major part of your daily calorie intake. Try to choose healthy weight loss drinks. We recommend low calorie alcoholic drinks if you want to have some fun also.
- You can also go for diet plan known as Calorie Cycling, in which you take more or less caloie on specfic days and then try to balanced it. For example if you have to take 2000 kcal to lose weight, you can do 2200 in some day and 1800 in other day. By this way you can also eat your favorite dish in high calorie day. But remmebr to balance it out.
- Be true to yourself, Always give correct weight, height, age when you calculate your BMR.
- Give your true activity level in Calorie Calculator.
- It is highly recommended that you should not starve yourself for losing weight. Your daily calorie intake should always be more than 500 kcal. By this way your body will function well and remain healthy.
- Remember that you are not a doctor, Don’t blindly follow ant diet plan. And before you start any diet journey, consult your doctor and take advice from him/her.
We hope that now you know How Many Calories Should I Burn a Day to lose Weight. Please do let me know if you have any questions.