We have Listed the Top 8 Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars 2018 for your Home and Gym. You can check the detail reviews, pros and cons here. These are best in quality and affordable and cheap. A Free Standing Pull Up Bar is without doubt one of the least expensive and simplest accessories for losing weight and entering into shape quick. They’re reasonably priced, have very simple design and can be installed in no time at all. It has many options and it can be used for a complete upper and lower body workout. The best free standing pull up bars are typically those that come with the most amount of extra features turning something that is a simple pull up bar into a full body exercise unit. A Free standing pull up bar in your home or in your gym can help you in doing workout in one place. Free standing bars normal provide a a lot wider number of instruments that will help you carry out a large number of various workout routines, making them extra akin to dwelling gyms or garage gyms than simply pull up bars.Free standing pull up bars have the additional benefit of coming as a free standing unit which means that they’re designed to be extra of a health exercise station relatively than simply with the ability to be used for pull ups. In addition they don’t want partitions and subsequently you don’t want to drill holes in your partitions or walls or have pads that rub up in opposition to your partitions leaving black marks in all places.We have looked at the quality, price, weight, durability, safety and many other factors and compiled the below list.
1. Stamina 1690 Power Tower
- Best for push-ups,chin-ups, abs workout, pull-ups, sit-ups, tricep dips, and more
- no-slip grip.
- Touch steel framework.
- Can fit easily in your home gym.
- Foam Padded Station.
- 250-pound weight capacity.
- Durable steel construction.
- Compact design.
- Weighs just 54 pounds.
With the Stamina 1690 Power Tower you will have a complete home gym equipment for your home. You can use it for building your total body strength and sculpting your body like a Greek warrior. It is all in one gym and you can do chest , abs, upper body, lower body workout, back and arms workout very easily. It can support weight upto 250 lbs. It utilizes gravity and your body-weight to get the invigorating and a very effective workout session. It is specially design so that you can do multiple workout in a single equipment which makes it perfect for your home gym.
2. Weider Power Tower
- Padded hand grips.
- Pull-up station, Push-up Station and Dip Station.
- Vertical Knee Raise (VKR) Station.
- Made of Comfortable Sewn Vinyl Cushions. Durable and last long.
- Adjustable Uprights.
- Ability to store Weight Plate.
- 6-Foam Leg Developer with Olympic Sleeve.
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- Weighs 94 pounds.
- Very easy to install and assemble.
3. Cap Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
- One of the cheapest free standing Pull up bars available.
- Steel construction comprised of 12 and 14 steel gauge thickness.
- 3 step powder coat finish.
- easy to assemble.
- Allows for pull up, front squat, back squat and bench.
- Can support up to 300 lbs.
- main frame is constructed from 12 and 14 gauge steel.
- Compact and doesn’t take lot of room.
4. Body Vision PT600 Power Tower
- A Multi Station Workout Tower.
- Use it for all kind of workouts including push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-up, abs, upper and lower body workout.
- Chin-up station
- Pull-up Station.
- leg raise station for quads and lower abs.
- multiple grip positions for more workout options.
- Padded and a very strong and sturdy design.
- height-adjustable frame.
- weighs 71.6 pounds.
- Can support up to 250 lbs.
5. Bowflex BodyTower
- You can do many exercies like pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, knee and leg raises, squats, abs, upper body workout and many more.
- Good handgrip.
- Can support up to 300 pounds.
- 3 step powder coat finish which gives it a very good durability and long life.
- Made of commercial grade steel.
- E-Z Adjust Horizontal Bars.
- Sling Straps Included.
- Comes with Tower-Mounted Workout Placard.
Bowflex BodyTower is the next generation free standing pull-up bar. It comes with a very distinct and very easy to use EZ adustable horizontal bars which enables you to many types of workout and exercises. Use it to increase your workout intensity and get the sculpted body. The hand grips and the sling straps which comes along with it enables you to more ranges of workout than the tradition free standing pull up bars. It is very stable and very secure as it is made up of commercial steel grade. You will also get the the workout placard which has detailed 8 Key exercises and also a guide which has 10 more exercises. It can be considered as a complete home Gym.
6. Cap Barbell Deluxe Power Cage
- Easy to assemble.
- 12 and 14 steel gauge thickness.
- 300-pound capacity.
- 3 step powder coat finish for worldclass durability.
- Bar Holders comes with ABS sleeves which help in preventing scratches.
- Item Weight: 106 pounds
- Dimension : 49 x 43 x 85 inches.
7. XMark VKR Vertical Knee Raise with Dip and Pull-up Station
- Vertical knee raise.
- dip station, push-up station.
- push-up station.
- comes with narrow and wide grip.
- Maximum weight capacity : 250 lbs.
- Skid resistant rubber which helps you in protecting your feet.
- 2 by 2-inch steel construction.
- Adjustable padded foot bar.
- Very easy to assemble.
What to Look For When Buying Best Free Standing Pull Up Bar
Free standing Pull Up Bar are more versatile and provide more workout options than the standard doorway pull up bars. You can use them for doing push ups, pull ups, chin ups, abdominal workout, triceps, shoulder, knee and legs workout and many more. So you have to choose the best one to get perfect all in one home gym equipment. Usually the best freestanding pull up bar are those which comes with extra features and are made up of strong materials and has some extra cushions and foam for safety. You should also check for accessories that comes with it which can help you in doing more workout. So lets look at the criteria we need to consider.
- Kind of Materials Used : It is very important aspect that you need to consider before buying any pull-up bars. A pull-up bar made of weak material is a safety hazard to you and to the people using it. Make sure it is built of strong sturdy material like reinforced steel etc and should be of strong gauge. As you will be doing many free movement workouts in it and you will be using you whole body weight , You need to make sure that it can handle it.
- Storage and Compatibility : You must check if you can keep it inside your home and once done you can store it at small space easily or not. There are many freestanding pull up bars of different height width and weight are available in the market today. Especially if you have a smaller home then this must be the first priority. A foldable pull up is usually the best option as it can be stored easily but sometimes might have a stability issues. So you should pick carefully.
- Height and Width Adjustability : If you want to try out all kind of workout that your pull up bar should be versatile and should be adjustable to any height or width for the workout you want to do.
- Portable or Non Portable : Non Portable pull up bars are normally heavy but comes with many attachments which help you in doing all types of workout. Portable ones are light and comes with less attachments but are durable and you can take them anywhere and do workout at anyplace.
- Cost : It should be noted the one with higher price are not usually the best one available. You have to check all the factors involved and also shipping costs. If you are buying it for doing only for small amount of workout than you can buy any traditional lower cost pull-up. Normally the expensive ones comes with many attachments which you many not use in your workout session. So you can save money by not including these unnecessary attachments. So find the features you want to look for and if you get additional then that is the bonus.
- Padding and Foam : We all need our hands to be safe. Everyone who do workouts hates the equipment who has less or no padding. It damages our hand and is dangerous to our safety. A good foam padding makes the workout more enjoyable. If you want a good padding then choose the one which has more density of foam and have something where you can rest your arms etc.
We hope that this comprehensive guide on freestanding pull up bar review will definitely help you in narrowing down your options and choosing the best one for you home or garage gym. The pull up bars which we have listed here are one of the best and they have great customer reviews. You can see them on Amazon and their ratings are above 4.5 stars. A free standing pull up bar is a great choice as you can do all type of workout from pull ups to abdominal workout in one equipment. Please do comment for any questions.